Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How Did You Choose Your Major?- Chris Golecki (junior, Mechanical Engineering)

Ever since I was young, I loved playing with K-Nex and Legos. It kept my attention for hours. As I grew older, my interest grew into car and motorcycle engines. I liked to tinker with my father's classic car. My mind was so drawn to how these machines worked, and I was eager to figure out how these machines operated from the inside out. It was true love when I finally completely tore apart my first engine. I knew that I was going to study mechanical engineering in college.

After taking biology in high school and some engineering classes at Penn State, I decided that I was even more interested in biomedical devices. My uncle, who works in the nuclear imaging field, introduced me to nuclear scanning devices during my freshman year at Penn State. The concept of creating internal models of the body from the outside the body blew my mind. My academic track now steers me into the biomedical device design area of mechanical engineering. As I look back, I'm happy that I made the decision to study mechanical engineering.

-Chris Golecki

No comments:

Post a Comment