Saturday, October 23, 2010

What is Your Favorite Class?- Kylie Sheplock (junior, Agricultural & Biological Engineering)

At Penn State there is a wide variety of classes that are offered and choosing the right ones for you maybe a bit challenging. But if you take the time to ask upper-level mates and professors in your department they will be more than willing to help. That is exactly what I did when I was looking for a general education class to take. These classes don’t necessarily need to apply to your major; however it is more enjoyable to take a class that sparks some of your interests. Which most of the time it will end up being something related to your major. I’m personally very interested in structures, so I decided to ask a couple seniors in civil engineering if they could recommend any general education. I was lucky enough for a senior to mention to me that a new class was starting in the spring, taught by a retired civil engineering professor. I jumped at the opportunity and found the class was called Structures throughout Society. I took the class and loved every minute of it we explored many different aspects of structures. We also received a better understand of why certain structures we constructed. It was a great class and gave me a new perspective on the way I think about structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment